Masters & PhD Scholarship Program for Asian on Agriculture Studies from SEARCA 2015/2016. SEARCA Graduate scholarship aims to prepare highly qualified professionals working in agricultural and rural development for positions of leadership in SEAMEO member countries. This international scholarship is granted on a yearly basis up to a maximum of four semesters for a master’s degree program and six semesters for a doctoral program.
Scholarship can be taken at: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand. Specifically to study at any of the following universities: Bogor Agricultural University and Gadjah Mada University in Indonesia, Putra University in Malaysia, Kasetsart University in Thailand, University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) and University of the Philippines Visayas (UPV) in Philippines.
|Study in: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines or Thailand
Host Institution: vary
|Course Level: Master/Doctoral Degree
Course Starts: September 2015
SEARCA Graduate Scholarship on Agriculture 2015/2016
CLOSING DATE: July 30, 2014
Field of Study(s):
Searca Graduate Scholarship offers students to study Agriculture and its related sciences, which includes:
- Biological sciences,
- environmental science,
- forestry and
- social sciences.
SEARCA Graduate Scholarship is open to students from Vietnam, Brunei Darussalam, Singapore, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, the Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, and Timor-Leste. (see another scholarships for Asian)
- Applicants are citizens of SEAMEO member countries, namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam,
- Applicants are regular employees of academic or research institutions or government agencies.
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years old.
- Proposed thesis research of applicants should focus on SEARCA’s priority thrusts.
What does it cover:
The Searca Graduate Scholarship 2015/2016 covers:
- tuition and other school fees;
- book and supplies allowance;
- thesis/ dissertation support;
- insurance and travel (round trip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation), and
- a stipend of $500/month for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
The scholarship has no provision for any member of the scholar’s family.
How to apply:
- Applicants may submit their accomplished SEARCA Scholarship Application form together with other original application requirements to the Ministries of Education/Higher Education of their respective countries.
- Applications may be submitted to any one of the following Ministries of his/her own country:
- Ministry of Education,
- Ministry of Agriculture,
- Ministry of Forestry,
- Ministry of Fisheries and
- Ministry of Rural Development.
- Applications may be submitted directly to the Ministry of Education/Higher Education, or to the Ministry where the applicant is employed for preliminary screening.
- Application form at link below
Source & further information on SEARCA Graduate Scholarships on Agriculture for South East Asian 2015/2016: